CIFN is presenting a programme of on-line events that focuses on local faith communities and their function, especially during the current emergency conditions. It is a strategy for reaching out, sharing , communicating and finding support from people of faith who are experiencing similar circumstances in these difficult times. It also provides the medium by which you can offer an understanding about your faith community. The events take the form of a zoom presentation followed by questions and answers with discussion.
If you would like to be involved as a contributor or join in as an observer, please contact Steve Innes. email@example.com or leave an email on the website.
The Programme so far :
- Serving a wounded World in Interreligious Solidarity – A Christian Call to reflection and action during Covid 19 and Beyond. Thursday 3 rd December 2020
- Najma Osman a personal presentation ‘Maintaining a faithful perspective during lock down.’ Thursday 21 st January 2021
- The HINDU COMMUNITY: RISING TO THE CHALLENGES OF THE PANDEMIC Led by a number of contributors from the Hindu Community Thursday February 18 th 2021
- GATWICK SEVENTH DAY ADEVENTIST CHURCH – FAITH IN ACTION. Coping with the current emergency. 25 th March 2021 19.30 – 21.00 hrs.
- THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY. Members of the Community of the Church of Scientology will out-line their recent activities : locally, in London and Birmingham in helping to cleanse and maintain various places of worship to keep them virus free and fit for purpose. Thursday 22 nd April 2021. 19.30 Hrs. Please join the meeting early and display your identity on screen.
- The BUDDHIST COMMUNITY. – How The Buddhist Community are managing in the Pandemic. Speaker John Marder. Date: 27 th May 2021 Time: 7.30 p.m. by Zoom . Please join the meeting early and display your identity on screen.
- THE BAHA’I COMMUNITY. A personal perspective on the effect of the Pandemic. Speaker :Simon Ward. Date : 24 th June 2021 Time 19. 30 hrs. Please join the meeting early and ensure your name is displayed on screen. For the Zoom joining details, please see the attachment on the CIFN Calendar page.
- A Study of HINDU Scriptures. Nabhinandan Das, Chief Executive of The London Institute of Vedic Education, will offer a presentation, applying Vedic Knowledge to contemporary life. Date : Thursday 29 th July 2021 Time 19. 30 hrs Please join the meeting early and ensure your name is displayed on screen. For Zoom joining details and additional information please see the attachment on the CIFN Calendar page.
- Please join with others in an effort to provide a meaningful and worthwhile expression to Inter Faith activity locally. At the forthcoming meeting on 30 th September 2021 19.30 hrs CIFN intend to : a). Review the recent CIFN programme of activities during the pandemic emergency and promote the purpose of Inter Faith involvement for the future b). Consider the priorities for the CIFN organisation and outreach and c). Gather ideas to develop relationships among and between faith communities, through Inter Faith activities. See the invitation and zoom details on the adjacent CIFN calendar page page.
- A celebration of Inter Faith Week 2021 and the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP 26). Local faith communities and organisations are invited to present a brief statement which sums up their belief / interest regarding the environmental problems throughout the World that result from changes in local climates caused by Global Warming, together with one practical suggestion which might assist in combating the effects this causes. The suggestion should be applicable regionally but benefit the World as a whole and especially those areas most hardest hit by extremes of temperature and other devastating weather conditions. Contributions will then be discussed by attendees. This event will take place on Monday 15 th November 2021 19.30 hrs. See the invitation and zoom details on the adjacent CIFN calendar page.
- CIFN Christmas Social Evening by Zoom. Join us at this annual event of carols singing in different languages by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Annika (violin), Brighton Inter Faith Network, Lemon & Paice, George Redgrave, Steve, Iyad, Marilyn, Ahsan and more. Date: Saturday 04th December 2021 Time: 6.00 p.m. See the invitation and zoom details on the adjacent CIFN calendar page.