CIFN are organising a programme of monthly events in 2023, that focuses on faith communities and their various functions. It is a strategy for reaching out, communicating and finding support from people of faith who wish to share their faith and recognise the differences that exist. It also provides the medium by which you can offer an understanding about your faith community. Presentations in a variety of styles and formats will give the opportunity for reflection, discussion and interaction. Suggestions for future activities and events are welcome.
The Programme so far this year :
- Wednesday January 25 th 2023 – Celebrating Diversity. An event presented by The Spirit of Peace – an organisation that works to overcome barriers and differences in society that create disharmony. Spirit of Peace enables people and groups to work creatively with difference to promote the “common good”. The event will involve an entertainment of lullabies and storytelling led by Hanna Yaffe, who will be joined by other artists. 19.30 – 21.30 hrs Crawley Museum The Tree, High Street Crawley RH10 1DD .
- POETRY : THE LANGUAGE OF RELIGION. The next Crawley Inter Faith Network activity takes place at :The Longley Room, Crawley Community Action, The Orchard, 1-2 Gleneagles Court, Brighton Road, Crawley, West Sussex. RH10 6AD on Tuesday 28 th February 2023 19. 30 hrs. The evening will focus on ‘Poetry : The Language of Religion’. The format for this event will include a presentation of one of BBC Radio 4’s Beyond Belief programmes, of the same title, in which representatives of different Faith Communities express profound ideas about faith, through poetry. There will be the opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas which arise from the broadcast and if you wish, you are welcome to offer examples of poems and other literature that seeks to express deep and meaningful imagery reflecting strongly held belief(s).
- SPOTLIGHT ON SIKHISM . This event will focus on the Sikh Faith Community and the practice of their faith tradition and worship. It will take place on Wednesday 22 nd March 2023 at The Crawley Sikh Gurwara, Ifield Green, Crawley. RH11 ONU. at 19. 30 hrs. There will be the opportunity to listen to leaders of the Sikh Community and to ask questions which will promote discussion. Light refreshment will be served. You are most welcome.
- SPIRITUAL CARE AT THE END OF LIFE 19.30 hrs. at The Connections Centre. St. Catherine’s Hospice, Malthouse Road, Crawley RH10 6BH. Thursday 27 th April 2023 Pastoral Care at St. Catherine’s offers support to patients and their families recognising that in times of major illness life can be both stressful and challenging – not only for our patients but also for the people close to them. Recognising that not everyone is religious, pastoral care integrates spiritual support in being alongside people who are striving to cope with all kinds of losses. St. Catherine’s provides Life Services in the community.
- CIFN PUBLICITY MODULE AT CRAWLEY FESTIVAL’S BACKSTAGE EVENT : The MEMORIAL GARDENS SATURDAY 27th May 2023 12 .00 – 17.00 hrs. Come along and say hello.
- SPOTLIGHT ON : The Society of Friends. Takes place at :The Friends Meeting House 5 Langley Lane Ifield Crawley RH11 0NB Thursday 29 th June 2023 19. 30 hrs. Join with other Community groups in gathering at this place of worship in the Ifield neighbourhood of Crawley . This Seventeenth Century building is one of the oldest purpose-built Friends Meeting Houses in the World. We will share its story and savour the history and beliefs of the community that meets there regularly. The event will conclude with a further sharing in a cup of tea, biscuits and a chat.
- SPOTLIGHT ON THE FRIARY CHURCH CRAWLEY Thursday 3 rd August 2023 19. 30 hrs. The Friary Church, Haslett Avenue West Crawley RH10 1HR. Please join us and invite any who are interested to come along for an evening in which something of the history of this landmark building in the centre of Crawley and the Community that worships there will be explained and discussed . We will be introduced to the Clergy who currently lead the Family of Faith that had its beginning in Crawley at least 162 years ago. The evening will conclude with a chance to catchup socially with a cup of tea.
- Open Forum : Inter Faith Journey in Crawley – Sharing memories of Crawley Inter Faith Network activities – experiences and thoughts for going forward. WEDNESDAY 27 th SEPTEMBER 2023 Time: 7.30 – 9.00 p.m. Venue: Crawley Museum, The Tree, 103 High Street, Crawley RH10 1DD Lead Speaker: Roger Baker: First Chair of Crawley Inter Faith Network. ALL are welcome to participate in sharing experiences and contributing ideas.